10 Fun Facts About Cars | Principle Auto Group
Principle Auto Group group proudly serves the San Antonio, TX and Memphis, TN areas with new and used vehicles. BMW of San Antonio, MINI of San Antonio, Principle Scion, Principle Toyota and Volvo of San Antonio sell quality cars, trucks and SUVs in their communities.
With years of combined experience in the car industry, it’s safe to say everyone here at Principle Auto Group knows cars. But we also love cars, a lot. Through our years of experience, we’ve gathered a depth of knowledge about BMW, MINI, Volvo, Toyota and Scion, as well as many random facts about cars in general.
Here’s a few of our favorite fun facts about cars:
- It takes about 25 total hours to build a single car. Nearly half of that time (10 hours) is spent painting it.
- Think sport cars are most likely to be pulled over? Think again! The cars with the highest ticket rates are Hummers, 463% higher than average.
- The first speeding ticket was given to a driver “speeding” at 12 miles per hour in 1904 in Dayton, Ohio.
- The first cars used a lever to steer instead of a wheel and needed to be hand cranked in order to start.
- Three decades ago, only 14 percent of drivers used seat belts compared to almost 90 percent of people now.
- In 2012, Nevada became the first state to issue licenses for self-driving vehicles.
- The average vehicle has more than 2,500 feet of electrical wiring.
- Windshield wipers were patented in 1903 by a woman name Mary Anderson.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Unless you live in Iowa where ice cream trucks are illegal.
- In 1899 a car was designed with a fake horse head attached to the front so as to prevent other horses on the road from being confused. It was named the Horsey Horseless Carriage.
Do you have any other fun car facts we missed? We’d love to hear them! If you have any questions about our vehicles or services offered, our team would be happy to help.
Contact us online today.
We invite you to come by one of our dealerships and speak with our knowledgeable and friendly sales associates or browse our inventory online.